 CAD / LDD / 174
Re: New Tutorial - LDD->LDraw and LDraw->LDD conversion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.ldd
Date:
Sun, 27 Jan 2008 22:04:18 GMT

"Willy Tschager" <willy.tschager@tin.it> wrote in message
Hi folks,

The LDraw and LDD libraries differ in color numbers, sometimes in part
numbers,
the fact that LDD parts are measured in millimeters while LDraw uses
LDUs -
LDraw Units, but most notably in the part's origin point. Learn how LEGO
Digital
Designer's Import/Export feature works and what has to be observed for a
successful conversion:

http://www.ldraw.org/Article504.html

I sent this request through the helpdesk form, although don't know if it
will be sccessful or not, since it was lengthy, and may require some
reading, it comes with an LDD .lxfml file which has details of how LDD
creates this part itself in a model file it writes to disk.

But essentially, I have noticed that the part which LDD appears to have
designated 6211 needs a translation, and the corresponding official LDRAW
part designations for it in the LDRAW parts reference library need to be
created and assigned or referenced to the official LDRAW version of the part
if one does actually exist, though I couldn't actually find one.  It
probably also needs to be worked out how it's flexibility should be handled
insofar as being a LDRAW part is concerned.

I also have forgotten if there is some place on LUGNET where LDRAW parts can
be requested, please forgive me if this is the wrong newsgroup for LDRAW
parts.  Please follow up to this post in this newsgroup or I may not find
your response for some time.

Cheers ...

Geoffrey Hyde