Re: List of authors who have not yet affirmed the LDraw.org Contributor Agreement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2006 08:58:48 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, David Gregory wrote:
In lugnet.announce, Willy Tschager wrote:
Parts created by non-CA authors will have to be stripped from the¬
re-distributable version and eventually be recreated by CA authors.

Why?¬

I asked the same question in the the ldraw.org steerco discussion and I was told
the following:

"the concept of the CA-affirmed library is that we can advertise it as
re-distributable, subject to the conditions of the CCLA. To publish something
and then say 'only certain files within this archive are re-distributable" won't
work.'"

Kiyoteru Fujiki  0

This guy didn't even make any parts.

he did. the list of authors includes also unofficial parts currently at the PT
for review. Fujiki made the Baseplate 24 x 32 with Driveways and Set 355 Dots
Pattern - 915p04.dat. check it out at:
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/915p04.dat we would also have
to recreate this part before shipping it in an update.

bye, w.