Re: library license
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 07:29:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Andrew Westrate wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Don Heyse wrote:

I’d also recommend Public Domain, or something really short and simple such as the zlib license. Do you think it does enough to encourage contributions back into the original library?

I know the license has been discussed for a long time, but to add my two cents; I’d really like to see the parts library use a Creative Commons license, specifically the Attibution-ShareAlike license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/1.0/) or the plain old Attribution license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/1.0/). These have the benefit of being simple and standardized.

The only blurry point I see with those is the clause: “Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the author.”

Who is the author of the parts library?

ROSCO