 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 751
750  |  752
Subject:
LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2007 04:41:59 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi, everyone.

I’m extremely pleased to announce that I’ve managed to compile LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X! Previously, I believe only version 1.0 was publicly available. Allow me to submit this piping-hot screenshot as evidence for your enjoyment:

LDView 3.1 on Mac OS X screenshot

As I’ve been struggling with this all day, it is time for me to take a break now that I have been relieved by success. Rest assured that I will share more details - including the compiled program itself - very soon, if not tomorrow.

Until then, let it be known that it doesn’t need X11 to run, that it seems pretty darned slick, and that very few changes are really needed to get it to compile. I haven’t tested any particularly big or complex models yet, nor have I played around with all the options yet, but I sure look forward to doing so.

Be well,

Jim