 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 616
Re: Mac Brick CAD and the Imerial Star Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 23:52:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Andrew Allan wrote:
Right now, I genuinly wonder if I'm getting hardware acceleration in OpenGL.

Maybe you're running into one of those weird oddities of the Apple opengl
drivers.  For example rendering to the GL_FRONT buffer really renders to
a hidden back buffer.  There are times where this setup causes you to use
triple buffering, which eats up lots of video memory.  Once you're out
of video memory your display lists have to get swapped in from system RAM.

You find out this stuff by monitoring the Apple opengl mailing list...

Don