 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 609
Re: Mac Brick CAD and the Imerial Star Destroyer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 17 May 2004 14:07:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Tom Bozzo wrote:
One other thing, if you rotate a piece 90 degrees (or an integer multiple n
thereof), some coordinates of the transformation matrix that should be zero are
instead +/- n*4.37114E-08.  From a look at the source code (2.2, where this also
occurs), it looked like there were some places where the digits of pi had been
truncated to 3.1415, which I think may be the right magnitude of error for this.
Obviously, the error itself is trivial, but it makes the model text hard to
read, particularly if the display is taking up a lot of the width of the screen
and the model text drawer is on the side.

Tom

I'm aware of this and you'll find that when you save and re-open the file, MBC
will have truncated these very small numbers to 0, this code should however one
day be incorporated into the rotation routines.

Andrew...