 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 1048
Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:02:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Roland Melkert wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Kevin L. Clague wrote: snip

  • Drawing speed improvements of up to 1200% snip
Kevin

Hi, Keving

Just from a technical interest, how did you achieve that boost?

I’m in the midst of writing a new LDraw renderer myself, so I’m very interested in any possible improvements I can implement over the old LD4DStudio rendering method. Although I suspect it has to do with alpha blending and or conditional line rendering (none of whom are done in LD4D, but I would like to do in the new implementation).

Anyhow it sounds great, maybe I get to use it one day (I’m planning to buy an apple for some years now).

Roland

Hi Roland,

Just to be clear, Allan recoded and achieved this fantastic performance improvement.

Kevin