 CAD / Development / 11107
Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2010 22:47:49 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Alex Taylor wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse wrote:
Ah ha! Yet another reason to read that vertex-shader book.  So, are you
suggesting running this algorithm on the graphics card (with counters for
the vertices instead counting pixels in the stencil buffer) or perhaps
some other algorithm?

Actually, it's even simpler!  This is the code for the geometry-shader:

<snip>

Alex

Wow, this is amazing. I had no idea you could do these kinds of things with
shaders. Like Don I too think it's time for me to get a good book/document on
using shaders in OpenGL.

Thanks for the revelation.

Roland