 CAD / Development / Macintosh / 1047
Re: Bricksmith 2.4: Faster. Much Faster.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.mac
Date:
Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:26:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev.mac, Kevin L. Clague wrote: snip

  • Drawing speed improvements of up to 1200% • snip
Kevin

Hi, Keving

Just from a technical interest, how did you achieve that boost?

I’m in the midst of writing a new LDraw renderer myself, so I’m very interested in any possible improvements I can implement over the old LD4DStudio rendering method. Although I suspect it has to do with alpha blending and or conditional line rendering (none of whom are done in LD4D, but I would like to do in the new implementation).

Anyhow it sounds great, maybe I get to use it one day (I’m planning to buy an apple for some years now).

Roland