 CAD / Development / 9667
Re: Clikit file naming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.db.brictionary
Date:
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 22:26:26 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Mon, 15 Mar 2004, Chris Dee wrote:

I have just uploaded to the Parts Tracker three potentially useful Clikit parts.
All part names are temporary.

The female/female (ring) connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit1.dat
The male/male (bead) connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit2.dat
Another possibly useful female/female connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit3.dat

Well, you didn't specifically ask for input on these names, but I'll give
it anyway. :-)

All three of these parts are what TLC calls "Icons".
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x746
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x747
http://peeron.com/inv/parts/x742
and (I think) should be named accordingly.  The current name of clikit1 is
particularly unfortunate because Clikits parts include at least one
(small) human-sized ring.

Hmm ... I looked at that Peeron list, and it seems all the small Clikits bits
are called 'icons.' Strange, but I've seen stranger [1].

When I look at the above three, I think female adapter, male adapter, and
backing - cause those are the functions the parts perform.

-Tim

[1] Which I presume to be 'Danglish' names