 CAD / Development / 9631
Re: Clikit file naming
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 01:38:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Chris Dee wrote:
I have just uploaded to the Parts Tracker three potentially useful Clikit parts.
All part names are temporary.

The female/female (ring) connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit1.dat

Thanks especially for that one! It's, at least for me so far, the most useful
part in the entire Clikits library, I made extensive use of it in my recent "Inn
of the Fallen Angels"

The male/male (bead) connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit2.dat
Another possibly useful female/female connector
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/clickit3.dat

These make use of a couple of new primitives - one for the "stud" and one for
the "toothed hole". Should we treat the stud as a real LDraw stud - i.e. call it
stud... and have LDraw understand it as a stud and thus substitute a line or a
low-res version?

I think this is a great question. My gut reaction would be yes, we should. It
has studlike properties, and it tends to appear in a number of different
elements. What's the downside of doing so?

http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/clikstud.dat
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=p/clikhole.dat

I have few more parts in the pipeline - please let me know if these are useful.

Thanks are due to Eric Sophie for his encouragement with this project.

That's funny! (in a good way).

Chris