 CAD / Development / 8749
Re: LPub request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 02:14:39 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague writes:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
I was trying to get a BOM for a model I did and LPub give me a file not
found in the Parts.lst eror and quits.  The particutlar error was the
s/faxle parts used for the flexible axles.  Here's my request:

If Lpub detects s/faxle1 though s/faxle5, then can it sub a flexble axle
part in the BOM and not quit?  At the very least I'd like it to not quit on
error.

Hi Orion,

I recommend that you put a PLIST BEGIN IGN before the s/faxle1 and PLIST END
after each s/faxle1.  LPub will ignore these parts and not give you an error.

Even better, create a stright version of the xale in a seperate dat and use
this:

PLIST BEGIN SUB <mystraightaxle.dat>
0 // your multiple parts that make up the axle are in here
PLIST END

LPub will ignore all the synthesized stuff, and instead render
mystraightaxle.dat and use it in the part list iamge and BOMs.

I know you do not use lsynth because you have your own mechanism for
flexible axles, but......

LPub recognizes lsynth specifications and does some special handling.  In
the case of flexible axles, it calculates the length of the axle based on
the synthesized parts, then creates a straight version of the part and
renders it for the part list image.

Kevin

-Orion

OK, I used the PLIST BEGIN command and I'm still getting the s/faxle1.dat
not found in the PARTS.LST file error.  I think (but haven't tried) that
this problem will exist for any model that uses file from the /S directory.

-Orion