 CAD / Development / 9888
Re: LPub request
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 2004 18:25:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky writes:
I was trying to get a BOM for a model I did and LPub give me a file not
found in the Parts.lst eror and quits.  The particutlar error was the
s/faxle parts used for the flexible axles.  Here's my request:

If Lpub detects s/faxle1 though s/faxle5, then can it sub a flexble axle
part in the BOM and not quit?  At the very least I'd like it to not quit on
error.

I've modified LPub to ignore submodel parts as well as primitives when
making PLIs and BOMs.

To address your request more specifically...  LPub would have to look for
pairs of s/faxel1 through s/faxle5 and automatically substitute.  I'd prefer
not to go this route.

My I offer this:

Surround the axle descriptions with:

PLIST BEGIN SUB "faxel1.ldr"
PLIST END

Then create a file called faxel1.ldr that contains the flex axle you want
with the color that you want.  LPub will render that file and use it as the
part image.

In the meantime I will ponder the your request.  It does have merit.

s/faxel1.dat though x/faxel5.dat are new to me.  Shall I assume they are the
end pieces of sub-axels?  Is it also safe to assume they are identical,
except that the name tells you the length of the axle?  Are they official
sub-parts?  If so, then I'll implement your request.

-Orion

Kevin
Hi Orion,

  I never got feedback from you about the PLIST BEGIN SUB solution outlined
above.

  LPub recognizes parts synthesized with LSynth and tries to determine the part
being synthesized.  It recognizes flexible axles and determines the length.  May
I assume your axles were not generated with LSynth?  Is this because of the
failings of LSynth with regard to true length, and inefficient use of primitives
and part?

  As you know I've started to work on LSynth again.  True length is one of the
issues that needs to be solved.

Kevin