 CAD / Development / 4555
Re: ldglite is now homeless
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 20:17:26 GMT

Don Heyse wrote:

I have to disagree with you.  I think a CVS repository on the internet will
be a big help for me.  I need a revision control system anyways to keep myself
organized, even if nobody else uses it.  Having it on the internet is a
bonus since I can get at it from just about anywhere.

  I never said that CVS is a bad thing, it allows you to retrieve the
source code for specific versions and have a backup in another place
besides floppy disks. :) But it's not very useful if you're working
alone.

You haven't abandoned the leocad CVS archive have you?  I'm still hoping to
do some work on it someday if you'll let me.  I've been looking at the source
but it's so big that it's difficult (for me anyways) to get to a point where
I feel I understand it enough to make changes.  That's why I started with
ldlite.  It's smaller, and came with instructions on how to separate the
parser from the windows code.  This left me with a small piece of code that
I could <almost> understand.

  I used to update the CVS repository every day if I made any changes to
the code but I'm not doing it anymore. If you want to help with LeoCAD
and have any questions, feel free to ask (I know it's not a very good
example of how things should be done).

Leonardo