 CAD / Development / 4558
Re: ldglite is now homeless
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2000 22:49:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Leonardo Zide writes:
Don Heyse wrote:

I already replied with an apology, but I think I'm going to give the
sourceforge a try.  I think CVS will help me organize things a bit.  Plus
I had plenty of problems connecting to geocities when I wanted to update
the site there.

I moved my pages from Geocities a long time ago but I kept some files
there to redirect users to my new page and to be a mirror site. And CVS
is only good if you have more people helping you, to me it didn't help
much. :)

I have to disagree with you.  I think a CVS repository on the internet will
be a big help for me.  I need a revision control system anyways to keep myself
organized, even if nobody else uses it.  Having it on the internet is a
bonus since I can get at it from just about anywhere.

You haven't abandoned the leocad CVS archive have you?  I'm still hoping to
do some work on it someday if you'll let me.  I've been looking at the source
but it's so big that it's difficult (for me anyways) to get to a point where
I feel I understand it enough to make changes.  That's why I started with
ldlite.  It's smaller, and came with instructions on how to separate the
parser from the windows code.  This left me with a small piece of code that
I could <almost> understand.

Don

Even without the CVS sourceforge is a much more appropriate place for
ldglite than geocities.  I could always open up a zip/tar/gz hosting section
in brickshelf, but then again, sourceforge would still be a much more
appropriate place for it.

KL