 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6632
Re: Patterns: Outline or no outline?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2011 04:03:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Reuben Pearse wrote:
I've started looking at the process of creating patterns for parts. I've been
reading through Willy Tschager article "Pattern It:
http://www.holly-wood.it/ldraw/patternit-en.html

I found a copy of Monzoom (Willy's recommended program for manipulating 2D
shapes), but as it's in German I haven't got very far.

Oh dear! That's just my (painstaking) way. I really wouldn't recommend it to
anyone if he or she hasn't tons of time to waste.

I'm guessing there are
some other/better programs for manipulating 2D shapes in preparation for
converting to an LDraw file.

There are:

* Quad2Dat of course http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=17389
* LDPattern - the last time I gave it a try I was most impressed
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ldpattern/
* Pattern Creator - the output is also most impressive
http://www.ldraw.org/cgi-bin/ptdetail.cgi?f=parts/30117p6u.dat, sadly it was
never published http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=17390

w.