 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 6087
  Re: Part Authors: opinions sought on T-Junctions

(...) It's possible that by setting up meshes POVray can largely avoid the problem as it rotates points and then joins them. My opinion is that Part Authors should stick to keeping the polygon count down rather than jumping through hoops to try to (...) (17 years ago, 4-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Part Authors: opinions sought on T-Junctions

(...) It's not really constrained to high zoom. If you have a 1% chance of any given pixel along any given T-junction boundary edge resulting in a hole, then you'll have the roughly the same number of holes at any zoom level, since in general the (...) (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Part Authors: opinions sought on T-Junctions

--snip-- (...) Just to be clear it's not the render time I'm worried about... it's the authoring time. Tim (17 years ago, 5-Mar-07, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)