 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5696
Re: Question about "stickers"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 13 Aug 2005 02:41:21 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Chittenden wrote:
So far, the only standard I've found about modeling sticker "parts" is that
they should be 0.25 LU off the surface of the piece they will be "stickered"
to. What about width & length compared to the surface? I.E: sticker for
shields - should they extend to the edge of the shield or perhaps 1 LU in
from the edge?

You make the sticker whatever size it actually is.  If it's 40 LDU wide and
extend to the edges then that's what you make.  A sticker is just like any other
part: it must be modelled as close to the real life part as possible (including
size).

-Orion