 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5695
Re: Question about "stickers"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 12 Aug 2005 23:14:51 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Mark Chittenden wrote:
   So far, the only standard I’ve found about modeling sticker “parts” is that they should be 0.25 LU off the surface of the piece they will be “stickered” to. What about width & length compared to the surface? I.E: sticker for shields - should they extend to the edge of the shield or perhaps 1 LU in from the edge?

Hi Mark,

I agree with Tim. I don’t think this should be a set standard, you should make the stickers a size that looks good. In your case, I think I prefer the 1LDU inset, but it’s really up to you.

The 0.25 LDU is just to try & make sure the bricks behind don’t peep through when rendering. Though it depends on the renderer, 0.25 LDU seems to work well with the ones commonly used for rendering LDraw models.

ROSCO