 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4999
Re: Why is the Thickness of Liftarms changing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 19:19:03 GMT

Thank you for this illustration. I see your point.

These parts should have been originally modeled rotated 90 degrees around Z so that the liftarm “thickness” would have been the same a brick “width”.

Indeed but... too late now :-(

I think I can safely say that I have rearely ever used liftarms in the manner you illustrated.

...but using plates on side of liftarms can be very helpful to stiffen chassis built with them.

Philo