 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4476
Re: Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 22:03:04 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dwayne Miller writes:
Looking for some form of Documenation, on MAKING not using Primitives.
Prefer something that does not require a BS in math to understand.

Hi again Dwayne,

I am a bit out on a limb here, but it seems what you are missing in the
picture is an understanding of *rotation matrices*. These are indeed a magic
key, but are not easy to grasp - at least that is the case with me. I've
only learned about them recently - thanks to Kevin Clague. I'll contact you
via email about it.

[...]

There are tons of parts that need made and making some primitives for such
parts would really help speed stuff up.

Now, what are these blocks? See http://www.hirstarts.com. I have been in
contact with Tim Courtney on this matter, and he has encouraged me to go forth
with this effort, and to ask questions here, (BTW, I totally missed the
l.c.d.parts.primitives group, or would have posted it there) on the newsserver,
and to see if anyone here might be interested in helping with such a project.

You should definitely set this project up in a website - you never know
where help might come from.

I would welcome your help, and would be more than willing to discuss this off
list, if that would be better, but a little exposure for this project is partly
the reason for my question.

As you know, I am intrigued by the possibilities of "parallel" libraries.

Also, even tho most of the needed primitives are written, would not having docs
on writing said primitves be a wise thing to have around anyway. Would not hurt
to have them, for future generations, at least. Who knows what Lego will decide
to put out for parts in 30 years. Then again, thats just my opinion. Your
milage may vary.

You're struggling to bring your project together - same happens with
everyone else here ;-D