 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 4467
  Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...

Looking for some form of Documenation, on MAKING not using Primitives. Prefer something that does not require a BS in math to understand. Anyone have anything they can point me to? Thanks, Dwayne Miller Barberton, Ohio USA (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...

(...) In principle, making primitives is no different to making parts, you just need to think a little more about the generalities of what you are making and ensure the reusability factor is high enough. We are also insisting that all new primitives (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...

(...) BFC, thats something I have not even considered... hmm... will understand more when I explain more later in this reply. (...) Very true, for Lego based parts, I agree. I doubt I could even with 10 years of thinking come up with another (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...

(...) Hi again Dwayne, I am a bit out on a limb here, but it seems what you are missing in the picture is an understanding of *rotation matrices*. These are indeed a magic key, but are not easy to grasp - at least that is the case with me. I've only (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Ok, seems to be the best place to ask...

(...) OK - now you've made it clear that this request is linked to the hirstarts "project" I see the context of your question - which alters my response somewhat. You're free to develop non-Lego parts and primitives which can be rendered with the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Jan-03, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)