 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / LEGO Sets / *481 (-5)
Re: Official alternative model of set 8671
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 22:29:36 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
Hello,

In the instructions of set 8671 (Racers - Ferrari F430 Spider 1:17) it says
there are buildinginstrucions of an alternative model to be found on
http://www.LEGO.com/racers. Alas these instructions were removed.

Not to take away from Jaco's work (which is most impressive), but the original
can be gotten from:

http://cache.lego.com/downloads/racers/8671_b.pdf

For those who want to compare before and after, perhaps?  :)

    -- joshua

Subject:
Official alternative model of set 8671
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Fri, 4 Dec 2009 14:23:51 GMT

Hello,

In the instructions of set 8671 (Racers - Ferrari F430 Spider 1:17) it says
there are buildinginstrucions of an alternative model to be found on
http://www.LEGO.com/racers. Alas these instructions were removed.
The topic of missing or removal of official building instructions online came up
at LEGOWORLD this year but lucky me: I got the PDF of the instructions from LEGO
of the model afterall.
I have recreated the model in LDraw and made my own instructions using LPub.
Featured on binarybricks.nl is an unique flipbook version of these instructions.
Enjoy!
http://www.binarybricks.nl/voorbeelden/alt8671.html
(You need to have the latest version of the Flash player installed)

Jaco

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 23:23:37 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets, Michael Heidemann wrote:
The new url for my persoanl OMR is http://mikeheide.kilu.de.

There are also some new sets.

Just as a note, it appears that the canopy is rotated 180 degrees on set 7695
(maybe due to an update to an unofficial part?):

http://mikeheide.kilu.de/html/7695-07.htm

If it was due to an update to an unofficial part, there could be other sets that
have the same problem.

--Travis

Re: personal OMR
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Sun, 9 Mar 2008 15:32:57 GMT

mikeheide schrieb:
I just started my personal OMR.

The side can be found at http://mikeheide.liveline.de/index.htm.

It is still in progress and far from complete, but maybe you like it.

MikeHeide
I have to announce that the location has moved.

The new url for my persoanl OMR is http://mikeheide.kilu.de.

There are also some new sets.

I hope you like it. Your comments are welcome.

cu
mikeheide

Subject:
MPD file for Technic #8842
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models.sets
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:32:28 GMT

In this post http://g2bricks.blogsite.org/bricks/?p=62

you can find the mpd file describing the #8842 Technic set of the 80’s. I decide to remake the model after I read the post in The NXT Step:

http://thenxtstep.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-do-you-get-these-parts-unstuck.html

which explains some methods to unstuck parts. In a commentary the #8842 is mentioned because in the last page of the building instructions there was a short explanation about how to unstuck some joined parts.

After that I had the idea to to I recollect methods to unstuck parts to solve this typical problem. End of march I will realese a small pdf with the collected methods under GFDL free license. If you know methods to easily stuck or unstuck parts, or you have build a special tool with LEGO bricks for that goal, please, write a comment here or send me an email. I will put it in the pdf and release it for the community.

Thanks for the help.

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact