 CAD / 6919
Re: Newbie Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 01:25:13 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.cad, Slavick Mikhaylov writes:
Ok Im a newbie to CAD but I can't find the answer anywhere else. Using the
minifig parts found in MLCAD I couldn't put the hands to rotate to fit the
arms. Anyone know what I may be possibly doing wrong?

Two suggestions:

1. Peek in the minifig shortcut files (er, uh, those are parts 979 and 980).
Those have the hands in the right position/angle.
2. Search lugnet for previous discussion on this topic.  One decent
discussion can be found at <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=4350&t=i&v=a>.
Another is <http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=6205&t=i&v=a>.

I thought of a third suggestion while I was writing this:

3. Use the minifig modeller tool in LDraw Add-On to setup your minifigs.

HTH,
Steve

I thought of using the minifig modeler in the Ldraw Addon scince I couldn't
find a way with the other two suggestion and saw that it's down. Is there
any other place I can download it from?