 CAD / 6918
Re: POV issues with 1x1x2 Window
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 06:17:01 GMT

"Mike Walsh" <mike_walsh@mindspring.com> wrote in message
news:GoFAJz.Hn7@lugnet.com...
I am relatively new to the world of POV, L3P, L3PAO, but I am getting the
hang of it.  I have however run into something that has me stumped.

I have a model that uses the classic 1x1x2 window.  It will go through • L3PAO
(and L3P) however it will not render in POV if I am using the LGEO • library.

The following text appears in the POV message window:

}
#end
#declare _29_dot_dat_clear = #if (QUAL = 0) box { <-10,-4,-10>, • <10,48,10> }
#else object {
// Window  1 x  1 x  2
lg_0029_clear <----ERROR

C:\Documents and Settings\mike\My Documents\Mike's Stuff\LEGO
Models\Catalogs\Sample.pov:157: error: object expected but undeclared
identifier 'lg_0029_clear' found instead.

Returned from renderer (non-zero return value)

The .dat file contains exactly one part:  a 1x1x2 window with glass.

Thanks,

Mike

[ ... snipped ... ]

Following up my own post ...

I just looked at the LGEO file C:\L2P\LG_0029.INC on my computer.

It declares (#declare) lg_0013_clear instead of lg_0029_clear.  If I change
my file to declare lg_0029_clear instead of lg_0013_clear the window renders
correctly.  Is this a mistake in the L2P library?

Mike

http://www.nclug.net - North Carolina LEGO Users Group
http://www.carolinatrainbuilders - Carolina Train Builders
http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?u=mpw - Brick Depot