 CAD / 5346
Re: DAT to GIF/JPG/EPS
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 15:02:41 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jacob Sparre Andersen writes:
And if you want to improve the looks of the model, you can render
the model in double size, and then scale down the images:

ldglite-run -i2 -ms -s2 -w2 model.mpd

foreach file ( /usr/local/share/ldraw/bitmap/model*.png )
   pngtopnm < ${file} | pnmscale 0.5 | cjpeg > `basename ${file} .png`.jpeg
   pngtopnm < ${file} | pnmscale 0.5 | ppmtogif > `basename ${file} .png`.gif
end

Did you use this double size method to generate the recently posted horse
and cow instructions?  They look nice.

I might have to reorder my priorities.  I've been working on replacing the
pathetic ldglite gui with something a bit more user friendly (but still
portable).  Perhaps I should get back to working on the tiled renderer so
the double size trick can be used on bigger models that don't fit on the
screen.

Don