 CAD / 5328
RE: L3P v1.3 20010120
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.ray
Date:
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 07:40:14 GMT

First of all, thanks for the new version!  You've really worked hard to make
this a wonderful utility!

Lars C. Hassing writes:
-sc  StepClock, add "#if (clock > n)" at steps
The -sc option is for those who want raytraced instruction images.

For anyone who plans on making raytraced instructions, may I suggest the
following:

1)  Uncomment the "orthographic" keyword in the camera {} block.
    This will get rid of the perspective in the images (equivalent
    of infinite focus)
2)  Use 3 shadowless light sources, one directly to the side of the
    model, one directly in front, and one directly above.  Adjust the
    brightnesses of the lights by changing the color:
      color rgb 0.5  // half-bright white light
      color rgb 2.0  // double-bright white light
    Adjust the brightness of the lights until you get good edge contrast.
3)  Remove reflections from all the colors.
4)  If desired, use MegaPOV to add edgelines

Anyone have any other suggestions?
--Bram

Bram Lambrecht
bram@cwru.edu