 CAD / 17734
Re: LDD and LDraw - which has the most parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 20 May 2011 11:11:16 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Timothy Gould wrote:
--snip--

If I'd model my designs in LDD I won't be able to complete any one of them just
because the parts I use are not in LDD or if they are not in the color I have.

The newer versions have a free build mode with all parts available in all
colours.

I'd guess that LDraw has many more non-minifig parts but LDD may pip it now for
total due to the proliferation of minifig parts.

OK, but that rules out parts that were in before that have been removed. I
recently opened an old LDD file which was complete, but is now incomplete due to
lack of parts.
Also correct models opened in free build mode give incorrect colors sometimes.
For me as an LDraw fanatic LDD s***s. Though I must say I do use it from time to
time and going to use it again now that I know the import and export functions
have been restored.

Jaco