 CAD / 17727

Subject:
LDD and LDraw - which has the most parts?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2011 21:22:00 GMT

Hi all,

I recently found this post on the Eurobricks website:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41226

Here you can find a huge list of Lego sets that are available in LDD format. It
was interesting to note that many of the sets are missing certain pieces (mainly
sticker parts and minifig parts) - this appears to be the same problem for sets
constructed using LDraw tools (MLCad etc).

I converted some of the LDD files into LDR files using the export option from
LDD. This appears to use XML file (LDraw.XML) to translate the LDD parts to
LDraw parts. How often is this file updated? I found this website that appears
to have a more recent version of this file:
http://gallaghersart.com/site/page/new_ldd_parts_and_the_ldraw.xml

This got me thinking...which has the most parts LDD or LDraw? Are the parts in
the two libraries copied/borrowed/derived from each other? How closely are the
LDraw community working with the LDD team?

I would be interested to hear your comments

Reuben
Download 3D Lego models and other resources from:
http://www.pearse.co.uk/lego

Re: LDD and LDraw - which has the most parts?