 CAD / 17001
Re: Technic Beams vs. Liftarms (was Technic Axle Connectors - naming rationalisation)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 10:16:07 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:

I appreciate your work on this, but I wonder if there aren't other more
important changes (albeit probably more difficult ones) that would be of more
benefit to the community. I'm referring particularly to the present dichotomy of
Beams and Liftarms and their internal inconsistencies which fairly drives me
crazy any time I try to build something with LDraw.
Jetro

I am surprised by this renewed criticism of the Technic Beam naming as we have
worked very hard on resolving that issue over the past few releases. Is your
library up-to-date?

Chris Dee

Chris,

My sincerest apologies for my remark - After double checking I realized that
although I had installed the latest updates, I had not purged the unofficial
files from the directories and started looking for liftarms to only find half...
Thank you (and anyone else who collaborated) for a magnificent job. I half
expected everything to become liftarm, but I see the wisdom in choosing the
general name Beam since it will also place those beams next to the bricks they
are so often used with. Thanks again!

Jetro