 CAD / 16999
Re: Technic Axle Connectors - naming rationalisation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 2010 21:06:38 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Jetro de Chateau wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:

<SNIP>

I appreciate your work on this, but I wonder if there aren't other more
important changes (albeit probably more difficult ones) that would be of more
benefit to the community. I'm referring particularly to the present dichotomy of
Beams and Liftarms and their internal inconsistencies which fairly drives me
crazy any time I try to build something with LDraw.

As for the proposed names, although they are quite long they are also consistent
and very descriptive. I'm not clear on the use of "peghole" when what is
attached to these are pins - pinhole seems to make more sense.

Jetro

"Peghole" is already used in a few part descriptions in the official library,
and there are even primitives named peghole* to support their representation.
"Pinhole" is not used in the official library at all.

Chris Dee