 CAD / 16041
Re: ldraw.ini location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2009 05:25:31 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Allen Smith wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
I think we, as developers, should decide a standard location for the ldraw.ini
on each platform.  It's simply too confusing to have many different locations.

I propose:
Windows:
%APPDATA%\ldraw\ldraw.ini
(this is where Microsoft tells you to put such things as INI files)

Mac:
$HOME/Library/Preferences/org.ldraw.plist
(preferred since root access is not required)

Linux:
No clue as I don't have a Linux box to play with.

A little more on this.  Upon musing I feel that the Mac platform should use the
.ini format and not the .plist format.

-Orion

What is in this file?

Allen

It provides a file in a standard location for programs to look up the LDraw base
path and other assorted paths including search paths.

Lars summed it up quite well:
The ldraw.ini file is a containing LDraw configuration information.
An ldraw.ini file may look like this:
   [LDraw]
   BaseDirectory=C:\Lars\LDraw
   LgeoDirectory=C:\Lars\LDraw\Apps\lgeo