 CAD / 16036

Subject:
ldraw.ini location
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2009 07:19:19 GMT

I think we, as developers, should decide a standard location for the ldraw.ini
on each platform.  It's simply too confusing to have many different locations.

I propose:
Windows:
%APPDATA%\ldraw\ldraw.ini
(this is where Microsoft tells you to put such things as INI files)

Mac:
$HOME/Library/Preferences/org.ldraw.plist
(preferred since root access is not required)

Linux:
No clue as I don't have a Linux box to play with.

-Orion

Re: ldraw.ini location
I think we, as developers, should decide a standard location for the ldraw.ini
on each platform.  It's simply too confusing to have many different locations.

I propose:
Windows:
%APPDATA%\ldraw\ldraw.ini
(this is where Microsoft tells you to put such things as INI files)

Mac:
$HOME/Library/Preferences/org.ldraw.plist
(preferred since root access is not required)

Linux:
No clue as I don't have a Linux box to play with.

-Orion

On my System (xp) ldraw.ini is in the windows folder, like all the other ini
files. Why do you want to move it from there to somewhere else?

I see that it make sense to move it to split user data from system data, but how
long to we need then ldraw.ini at both locations?

cu
mikeheide

Re: ldraw.ini location