 CAD / 15925
Re: Smoothing Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2009 11:19:29 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Eric Albrecht wrote:
   I’m having some trouble getting a smooth surface on curved parts which do not have an LGEO substitue. Mesh Enhancer does a great job on triangular meshes, however there is a problem in parts with some sort of faceted symmetry. For example, the Technic Power Tyre has a subpart which is made of triangles. Mesh Enhancer takes care of this. But this subpart is repeated many times around the circumference and the facets between objects are not triangles and are therefore not replaced with smooth triangles. Does anyone have a solution to this?

Thanks, Eric Albrecht

Technicopedia

I’ve often felt it unfortunate that the LDraw format doesn’t support normal vectors. They’re not a substitute for cone/cylinder replacements, but they go a long way toward making objects *look* smoother.

-Mike