 CAD / 15917
    Smoothing Question —Eric Albrecht
   I'm having some trouble getting a smooth surface on curved parts which do not have an LGEO substitue. Mesh Enhancer does a great job on triangular meshes, however there is a problem in parts with some sort of faceted symmetry. For example, the (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Smoothing Question —Orion Pobursky
     (...) You could inline the subparts so that L3P outputs the triangles as one subpart. This will allow Mesh Enhancer to work on these triangle as one unit. Let me know if you need help with this. -Orion (15 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: Smoothing Question —Eric Albrecht
     (...) I think I know what you are saying but I don't actually know how to do it. I think you saying that instead of calling the subparts from the main part file I should just insert everything into the main file. Does this mean I need to try to (...) (15 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: Smoothing Question —Travis Cobbs
     (...) I believe that you can use (URL) LDAO> to inline subfiles in a part. --Travis (15 years ago, 3-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

         Re: Smoothing Question —Philippe Hurbain
     (...) Or you can use (URL) LDraw Design Pad>... Philo (15 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)

        Re: Smoothing Question —Michael Horvath
   (...) I've often felt it unfortunate that the LDraw format doesn't support normal vectors. They're not a substitute for cone/cylinder replacements, but they go a long way toward making objects *look* smoother. -Mike (15 years ago, 4-Jan-09, to lugnet.cad, FTX)