 CAD / 13765
Re: Tyre (tire) nomenclature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 21:25:44 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Thomas Garrison wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Steve Bliss wrote:

I'd like to see this discussion reach other "keepers of lego part names", at
least for feedback.  I don't expect that a consensus would be reached.

(ahem) That might work better with crossposting to, say, lugnet.parts or
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, instead of hiding the discussion in .cad. . .

Point taken - thanks.

Unless I've missed something, we've never had a part title which included LDU.
I believe we've only measured in studs, brick-heights, and millimeters.

To clarify: that includes "local" units, i.e., stud and brick height
measurements are relative to the system (Primo, Duplo, System, etc.) of the
parts being described (with the curious exception of part 33029).

The curious case of 33029 was discussed here
<http://news.lugnet.com/cad/?n=10339> with a good argument to stick with "system
scale" for Scala parts.

TWS Garrison

Chris