 CAD / 13763
Re: Tyre (tire) nomenclature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 18:31:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:

Comments, please.

I think standardization is a great idea.

I'd like to see this discussion reach other "keepers of lego part names", at
least for feedback.  I don't expect that a consensus would be reached.

For the units, I think millimeters would be better than LDU.  It would make the
names more intuitive for people who do not use LDraw itself.  Since the LDraw
part names are used on Peeron (and probably elsewhere), using an LDraw-centric
measurement unit makes little sense.

Unless I've missed something, we've never had a part title which included LDU.
I believe we've only measured in studs, brick-heights, and millimeters.

Steve