 CAD / 13762
Re: Tyre (tire) nomenclature
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 12:57:00 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:

If we standardise the dimensions to be different to what is moulded on the part,
that text should go into the "0 KEYWORDS" line.

Under this proposal, 3641 which started this discussion would become

Tyre  6 x  7.5 Offset Tread (rim diameter im mm)
or
Tyre  6 x 20 Offset Tread (rim diameter in LDu)

Comments, please.

I support this general notion, would like to see everything in LDU and think the
original molded description should go in KEYWORDS (perhaps with a qualifyer
"molded" or something?)

~~~~