 CAD / 13759
Re: New parts - missing stud2b and stud4b
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 2006 08:23:08 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Thomas Burger wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Chris Dee wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Sven Moritz Hein wrote: • [trimmed]

You make some good points, but I dont believe this is about the tiny holes in
underside studs (LDraw primitive stud3).

My original question was not about whether the side studs on 50238 should be
solid or hollow studs, but about what Thomas intended by the non-existant
stud2b. From his rendered images on BrickShelf, they are hollow studs and if
that is how they are they should be represented by LDraw as such - stud2.

On 50237, th missing primitive is stud4b - how does this need to differ from
existing stud4 ring underside stud)?

I don't have the actual parts yet, so cannot guess why Thomas needed to generate
a third varient to stud2 and stud4.

when i created the parts, i believe i intended to use stud2.dat

Thanks - I updated them to use stud2.

just change the file reference to stud2 and stud4.
ill look into the stud4a and stud2a on my computer, i have 1000's of unofficial
parts and subparts here, when i made the part in MLCAD maybe it used that part,
im not sure if i caught that.

*edit*
i looked at the file of 52038, and the reference for stud4a is as follows

since i dont author to many parts im not to sure how the primitives go, however,
52038 has a stud 4 that goes about 8 ldu thru the bottom, with a 4-4cyli.dat of
8ldu, followed by a stud4a wich is the stud4 minus the inside cylinder. if thats
the correct part..

I updated your part to use a 4LDu cylinder, the stud4a primitive (underside ring
stud without the edge lines) and added the outer edge line separately.

Chris