 CAD / 13745
  New parts

i have completed parts (URL) rendering use, parts are unofficial and are no way complete. im sure a few people can be nitpicky before these are submitted to PT. if anyone wants to upload to the PT be my guest. i also did a dozen or so patterned (...) (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts

(...) oops, (URL) after moderation (18 years ago, 24-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts

(...) Proxy-submitted to Parts Tracker, but there are a couple of new primitives missing (stud2b, stud4b). (URL) (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts

(...) If those are what I think they are, they're not allowed in official parts. The tiny hole isn't functional, so it was decided that the solid stud2 should be used instead. --Travis (18 years ago, 25-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts

(...) I don't understand why "not functional" is a criteria. Who says they are not functional? The LEGO® Company? We, the AFOLs, already "invented" many snot techniques LEGO never used. Are they forbidden? As a matter of fact, it is possible to use (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts - missing stud2b and stud4b

(...) You make some good points, but I dont believe this is about the tiny holes in underside studs (LDraw primitive stud3). My original question was not about whether the side studs on 50238 should be solid or hollow studs, but about what Thomas (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  LDraw definition of non-functional

(...) Thank you for supporting our efforts to minimise the parts library "bloat" by not asking for this duplication of basic parts. In this case there is nothing to prevent LDraw modellers from placing a plume where it could fit into the tiny hole (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts - missing stud2b and stud4b

(...) when i created the parts, i believe i intended to use stud2.dat just change the file reference to stud2 and stud4. ill look into the stud4a and stud2a on my computer, i have 1000's of unofficial parts and subparts here, when i made the part in (...) (18 years ago, 28-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New parts - missing stud2b and stud4b

(...) [trimmed] (...) Thanks - I updated them to use stud2. (...) I updated your part to use a 4LDu cylinder, the stud4a primitive (underside ring stud without the edge lines) and added the outer edge line separately. Chris (18 years ago, 30-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)