 CAD / 13713
  Re: Call for GUI part editor

Hi Kevin, (...) You are completely right. Such a GUI editor is a program I was always looking for (and - unfortunately- I still am). But for two years I have been programming on a little editor to do things like that. My programming skills are not (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Where do the primitives enter in this picture? It looks like both Kevin's ideas and your program are ignoring the primitives, working down on the bare polygons. Primitives are an essential part of part creation, aren't they? (Correct me if I'm (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Yes, primitives are important. In my program, you can add them just like any other part. I already implemented moving and I wanted to add scaling and rotating, but I did not understand the rotation matrix command. Could anyone explain that to (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Ah, but it's here it's becoming interesting :-) Now the point list must keep track of which points are 'free' and which are belonging to a primitive (and not only 'a' but 'which?'), because the points of the primitive may not be changed (...) (18 years ago, 16-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Okay. My point list now only shows the points of the polygons, not of the primitives. But if I implemented primitives, it would just add these points to the list. When I modify one, these point's wouldn't be affected because - as you said - (...) (18 years ago, 17-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Just slightly on-topic... I have done some semi-serious experimenting on my very old LDD program (LDD - here: "LDraw Draw" and *not* "Lego Digital Designer"!) My old program was not bad in many senses, but a disaster since you aren't even able (...) (18 years ago, 17-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) Hi Anders, Sorry for the tardy reply. I failed to mention primitives, because they are easy to work with compared to the manual nature of quads, tris and lines. That post was too huge to start with, so it is a good thing I didn't mention them (...) (18 years ago, 19-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Call for GUI part editor

(...) My ldraw import/export scripts for Blender can be used for part editing, to a slight degree. It's lacking in edge functionality and doesn't properly preserve comments currently. Since it was written before Blender had the proper edge (...) (18 years ago, 26-Apr-06, to lugnet.cad)