 CAD / 12571
  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this effort is actually making things more compatible. (...) I just did a little testing myself. MLCad seems to strip off any whitespace (tabs and space characters) at the end of the line when it grabs the filename. Is that (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I'll do the same. (...) Hi Don, Nice post. GROUP commands are defined outside the LDraw spec, but I'd guess that the naming issues are the same. I just made a minor change to: 0 PLIST BEGIN SUB <file> // depricated 0 LPUB PLI BEGIN SUB <file> (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) Well, technically ldlite has been around since well before MLCad, and it supports the double quotes, but MLCad is more widely used. So I guess you could make that argument either way. (...) I only asked for a recommendation, not a requirement. (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) I used them until I got a VERY bizarre image of the 10016 tanker in L3p/PovRay. I promptly switched to using hyphens prefixed by the model id :) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) There are other possibilities too, for example: 7. You can exceed 8.3 but don't embed spaces or other sorts of whitespace 8. Limit filenames to only the character set legal for BrickShelf folders Not meant to be exhaustive, just to get (...) (19 years ago, 10-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Trouble creating building instructions using lpub and mpd file

(...) You could also define an escape character, to accept the character following (including spaces) as part of the string. However, as the standard allows both / and \ as directory separators, it would require some character other than \ (a common (...) (19 years ago, 11-Apr-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)