 CAD / 11735
11734  |  11736
Subject:
Cockpits, and Facets, and Ninja, oh my!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dat.ideas, lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 24 Jul 2004 22:38:49 GMT

I downloaded copies of LDraw and MLcad a few days ago, and I’ve been building digital versions of a few of my models, but I ran into a couple of problems:

1. Using MLcad, I couldn’t get this piece to close flush to this piece. There was either a little gap at the top (just enough to be annoying), or a huge gap at the bottom (enough to really stand out). I haven’t tried out any of the other interfaces, but I juggled the numbers by hand a bit, and I was able to come up with a clean match after about 4 tries. If anyone is interested in borrowing the numbers, here’s the DAT file:

0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 “Custom”
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 -39 -48 -4 0 0 1 0 1 0 -1 0 0 30200.DAT
1 57 -76 -121 -5 0 0.686637 -0.727 0 0.727 0.686637 1 0 0 2418B.DAT
0

2. While I was building my latest model, I discovered that part #2463 has portions inside the lower corners that aren’t shading with the rest of the part. I noticed this because when I attached it to a different colored part, I could see the studs through the gaps on the outside of the base, but I couldn’t on the model (yes, I checked to make sure the studs were lined up correctly). If you look at this from either outside angle, you can see that the portions of the yellow studs that are sticking up inside of the part are still visible, but there’s a thin black line intersecting them, which is where the interior panel isn’t shading with the rest of it. Is that intentional?

0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 “Custom”
0 ROTATION CONFIG 0 0
1 0 4.477 -131.572 -9 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2463.DAT
1 14 -35.522 -106 1.477 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3005.DAT
1 14 4.478 -106 -38.523 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3005.DAT
0

3. And finally, this is a long shot, but I’ve got to ask anyways...does anyone have any plans to make a DAT file for the Ninja wrap?

If you’re only replying to part of this, please FUT only to the appropriate groups.