 CAD / 11688
Subject:
Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce
Date:
Thu, 8 Jul 2004 01:49:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

Cool beans, Orion.

FYI - I think you inserted the wrong title on one of the SOTM images. ‘Atomium’ appears twice -- on two different scenes.

-Tim

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Tim Courtney wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

Cool beans, Orion.

FYI - I think you inserted the wrong title on one of the SOTM images. ‘Atomium’ appears twice -- on two different scenes.

-Tim

Oops, thanks. I fixed it.

-Orion

Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month’s model renderings?

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month’s model renderings?

I used LDGLite. I was planning on using LDView but I had to some problem getting the renderings exactly the way I wanted.

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month’s model renderings?

I used LDGLite. I was planning on using LDView but I had to some problem getting the renderings exactly the way I wanted.

-Orion

Was there a winner for May ?

Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

I just voted for the model of the month and as such can NOT access the page anymore. However, can the person who modeled the passanger train bridge please email me.

I’m interested in getting the LDraw file for you if possible. That was one COOL model that I want to add to my train layout!

Thanks,

-AHui

A&M LWorks

In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Chris Parkinson wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
   In lugnet.cad, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   The voting for the July Model of the Month and Scene of the Month contests is now open at LDraw.org.

Visit the voting page to cast your vote.

I apologize again for the cancellation of last month’s contest.

-Orion

Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month’s model renderings?

I used LDGLite. I was planning on using LDView but I had to some problem getting the renderings exactly the way I wanted.

-Orion

Was there a winner for May ?

Yes, I’ll have time this weekend for posting properly but here are the winners:

MOTM: Chris Parkinson - “Masakari”

SOTM: Bruno Kurth - 2-wide land

-Orion

Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests
In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
   Great to see it up again. Just one question: which program was used for this month’s model renderings?

I used LDGLite. I was planning on using LDView but I had to some problem getting the renderings exactly the way I wanted.

Heh, I noticed some artifacts in the ldglite renderings as well. On the lawnmower, I can clearly see the fat rounded line end points didn’t get drawn. Some opengl implementations don’t support it, most notably the MESA offscreen driver. What platform did you run ldglite on?

I also noticed some aliasing artifacts on the mosaic pictures. I’m curious about which stage of the rendering they entered the picture. How big was the original rendering, and how was it downsized?

Thanks,

Don

Re: Voting now open for July's MOTM and SOTM contests