 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 65
  New Stories from the New Testament

As it approaches half a million hits since its October launch, The Brick Testament is pleased to announce the addition of 9 new illustrated stories from the New Testament: (URL) and learn of The Fate of Judas, and stay for the Instructions for (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.town) !!

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) I love your stuff, I really do! But I gotta ask what kind of comments you've fielded about the, ah, mid-backfield right of this one: (URL) I almost fell out of my chair laughing. LFB (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Nice to see that you have a good, easily remembered domain. I may borrow some of your animal ideas. Thanks, George (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

I look foward to seeing this in it's entirety. I also plan to add your site to my links page. Thank you for being such a great purveyor of our passion. Legomaster www.mylegomaster.com (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) resources for buying bricks). BTW, commentaries I've read suggest that that Judas climbed a tree, tied a rope around his neck, and threw himself out of the tree. The force of the rope snapping him back is what caused him to burst open. Not (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) What, that? Just a guy petting a sheep. With both hands. From behind. What's the big deal? @8^) Thanks for the compliments! -The Rev. Brendan Powell Smith (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Yes, I'm fortunate that after a couple of months of wild & unexpected popularity, both thebricktestament.com and bricktestament.com were still available. Borrow what you like from the animals--I certainly borrowed and modified ideas from (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) You mean the entirety of the Bible done in LEGO? That'll take a while, but hey, I'm doing my best. Or did you just mean you didn't have time to see the entirety of the new update in one sitting? @8^) (...) Excellent. Thanks. (...) It's a (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Thanks. @8^) (...) Mt 27:3-5 gives a wholly different and incompatible story of what happened to Judas than the one presented in Ac 1:15-19. In Matthew, Judas feels remorse for his actions, returns his thirty silver pieces to the chief priests (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Thanks for the new chapters! I continue to follow your work with eager interest. Some of my favorite parts where the colorful guts coming out of Judas, including a red knight's plume and a pink 1x1 round plate. Very creative. (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

I mean I'm looking foward to sitting down and seeing all that you have come up with thus far. I've been working on so many things I neglected to follow up on one of my Favorite builders! Legomaster (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Not to mention the most creative use yet for a LOM martian arm. :) Bruce (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Aha! That's what it was. At first I thought it was the Prof. Quirrel (Harry Potter theme) turban painted black, but it didn't have the hole in front. (...) Cool. That would make for some of the most surreal Lego building ever. Daniel's (...) (22 years ago, 8-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) In lugnet.build.ancient, Bruce Hietbrink writes: (...) Trust you LUGnetters to notice the little details! @8^) A later autopsy indeed showed conclusive evidence that just before his death, Judas had consumed an entire martian. The theological (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Undoubtedly. @8^) (...) The stockpiling of frogs has begun. (...) I don't run a BrickBay (oops! don't sue!), I mean BrickLink shop, nor do I tear apart sets to sell on eBay. And in fact, getting the frogs from Bricklink was one of the only (...) (22 years ago, 9-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

Brendan, Did you see the Zam Wessel (?) minifig from the upcoming Star Wars sets? Check it out at www.fbtb.net. The veiled face would be good for your project. Bruce (22 years ago, 10-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Hadn't seen her before. Cool. Would have come in handy for Instructions for Women, but I'm sure it will prove useful in stories to come. @8^) -Rev. Smith (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

Hey Brendon, It's a riot how you pick and skip and choose your verses. I actually picked up the Bible for myself and looked up your references. It's cute how you skipped over the passage in 1 Corinthians 11:13-16 where it says that we should judge (...) (22 years ago, 11-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

I too have noticed Brendon's "cherry picking" of the scriptures for his site. Since I don't take his site as a reference source but more of a entertainment site (and I believe that is how he takes it also) it doesn't bother me. I hope that others (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Ok, this was my first problem with your post. Let's keep this kind of talk in off-topic where it belongs. :) Now on to my main points. (...) He presented an artistic interpretation that skipped around the text that it was based on. I think we (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Considering that the majority of Biblical citations made by religious zealouts engage in just as selective censorship, I think that The Reverend's approach merely provides some much needed balance. --Bill. XFUT: off-topic.debate (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Herein perhaps lies part of the problem IMO. BPS has taken a subject that is for many a serious one, and while folks with a good sense of humor can brush it off, some might find it offensive. For instance, I personally find those holocaust (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Well, you can probably always find someone to find something offensive. (...) I haven't looked at these in too much detail, but what I see is someone combining two life passions. Is it wrong for people to look for ways to express things which (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) It looked like a simplified children's Bible to me, and not one meant to be taken as complete. Perhaps reading through the "Young Person's Bible" I gave to my son prepared me to accept this kind of thing. I read through the Last Supper, with (...) (22 years ago, 12-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Obviously the only valid Bible is in the original KJV. :) Okay, I know, only Christians got that joke. Anyway, on to the main topic of the debate here. Three things. 1. The tone is definitely mocking, self-admittedly so.* 2. I'm a pretty (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) BPS is taking on one of the great "sacred cows" of American society, the Bible. While his earlier chapters were much subtler, with his latest group of stories he has eased into full blown mockery mode. Of course the most recent chapters are (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Depends. I get the joke, but I'm not sure it's the joke you were intending. :) (I presume you're making fun of the highly suspect circumstances of the KJV's translation?) (...) And the strength of Christianity and Christians should be in the (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) As my dad likes to say "and Jesus wrote with a red pen." Ben Roller (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) I never questioned whether it was right or wrong, but rather its appropriateness (if that's a word). As Ian Malcolm once stated: "Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should..." Is the _ONLY_ way to express (...) That's an (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) You're right on this point. My apologies. (...) Yes, it is this sort of interpretation... Bob says, "I would like to explain why I don't think you should kill Johny Walker." Newspaper Story: Bob says, "I would like to... kill Johny Walker." (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) There are those Christians who think that the KJV is the only valid translation, and that all more recent translations (NIV, NASB, RSV, etc) are suspect. Some of them elevate the KJV so much that it seems they even find the original Hebrew, (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) An interpretation they share with many detractors of the Bible. (...) I've not read it, so I don't know anything about it's stance (pro-Bible or anti-Bible), but you might want to check out a book called _The Harlot by the Side of the Road: (...) (22 years ago, 13-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Well, if it was good enough for Jesus, it's good enough for me;-) -John (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Dude, you really need to go back and check out the references. I mean, he skips and chooses. Even on the quick "Jesus and the Poor" he leaves out Jesus' explanation of why the woman poured oil on Him. In other words, he eliminated "the basic (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Ah. Okay. Well, I found it funny for a related reason--mostly that James had the translation slanted in a way to extol monarchy and, some suggest, Catholicism (James having been a closet Catholic as he was). That's ironic for a lot of the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  By the way:

Also: At another, mildly twisted site I frequent, I came across this mighty gem of brilliance, which I played around with for a good hour and a half before I went to check the "info": (URL) I wonder who wrote *that*? ;) And where are my pants? best (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) That was going to be my point as well. I would argue that every translation including the first one (ie, from the "mind of God" to the "hand of man") automatically (though not necessarily intentionally) reflects some of the biases of the (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Well, there are two major types of contradiction to consider: those between two or more passages of the bible (such as the number of kinds of animals on the ark--2 or 7 of each?); and those between the bible and reality (such as the fact that (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Which chapter of the Bible talks about the dinosaurs? (...) Some people find that little omission to be contradictory to reality. :) Just curious, A.B. (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) The very first two chapters talk about the dinosaurs, it just doesn't mention them by name....matter of fact it mentions very few animals by name, but that doesn't mean they weren't part of creation. jt (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) "Global", in the Ancient World, was a far more restrictive concept; I'm sure you'll agree that any experience lived by an entire region would probably have been considered "global" for many years, until news from distant lands became (...) (22 years ago, 14-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) I am the first to admit that I have selectively chosen which stories from the Bible, and in certain cases which parts of which stories to illustrate on The Brick Testament. But I do not agree that my editing of passages from the Bible is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) That's funny, that's what they did in the movie -- emphasized/distorted events from the book that amplified Harry's questionable moral character. The zoo scene is actually one example of this -- in the book, Harry just 'disappears' the glass (...) (22 years ago, 15-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) You've missed the serious disharmonies because you didn't WANT to see them. I can't really blame you, because I remember how nice it felt to believe that there was a loving God who was watching out for me and would take me up to heaven when I (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

snip (...) It's true that the Bible doesn't sugar-coat it's heroes. David, the man after God's own heart, is an adulterer and a murderer. God anoints Samson with incredible strength, even though he frequents prostitutes. God does destroy the entire (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) None of the chapters discuss the dodo bird, elephant, polar bear, passenger pigeon, asparagus, etc. That's hardly a realistic measure of contradictions to reality. :O) (...) Job 40:15-24 However, since you asked so nicely. I came across this (...) (22 years ago, 16-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New Stories from the New Testament

(...) Your statement is true, to an extent, but you are in essence claiming that because the bible didn't describe one particular thing that existed, the absence of a description of any other particular thing can be excused. Sort of, but in doing so (...) (22 years ago, 19-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)