 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 4114
4113  |  4115
Subject:
Sliding Puzzle - NOTW Logo
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2008 01:42:32 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I really enjoyed this post about mosaic kits and a LEGO sliding puzzle design:

http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=3647

As a Christmas gift for my daughter I built a slightly larger sliding puzzle design which completely covers a standard square green baseplate. Since she will display the puzzle most of the time, I didn’t like having the blank square which allows the pieces to slide. So I built a non interlocking filler which is inserted for display.

When she wants to actually play with the puzzle the filler piece is popped out.

Jumper plates were used in several spots to help smooth out the text shape. This wasn’t always possible along the edge of each 6 x 6 module, but it did help in other areas.

Keep building!

John Cooper

P.S. The NOTW logo is from a Christian themed clothing company with a teen/young adult market. The brand is very popular in Southern California. I’m not sure if they are marketed across the country and internationally or not.

www.notw.com