 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3722
3721  |  3723
Subject:
Aliens Style APC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 03:59:47 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello All!

Thank you for your many comments / ideas on my last moc (shag wagon). Much appreciated.

Some of you may have seen the “Aliens-Movie inspired Armored Personnel Carrier (APC)” for the rest of you, here it is!

I found it difficult to give the swooping feel to the cab-forward design of this apc without the boxy look. And a primary design consideration for my son was the ability to pull the roof off easily and store soldiers inside. And we wanted to create a sliding airlock door. And I quite desired to have both the front and back wheels steer (to mimic the functionality seen in the movies). Basically the model was to have playability...

So, it’s a bit boxy, but I think it captures the spirit ok ;-) Mike Yoder from the CSF suggested the rear cannons fold into the body for better clearance in tight quarters - so I’m thinking of modifying it to suit. Thoughts?

For the motherload score of pictures and animations, see the website...

Website Deeplink: http://www.qualzone.com/lego5/moc_apc/display_stuff.html

Cheers! ~ Paul.