 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3722
    Aliens Style APC —Paul Brassington
   Hello All! Thank you for your many comments / ideas on my last moc (shag wagon). Much appreciated. Some of you may have seen the "Aliens-Movie inspired Armored Personnel Carrier (APC)" for the rest of you, here it is! (2 URLs) I found it difficult (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.announce.moc, FTX) !!

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Wolf Read
     (...) The APC is wonderfully constructed. Just sweet. If I recall, I believe the movie version was wider (or at least seemed to be--more low slung, perhaps; I suspect that's what you were commenting on in terms of the boxy-ness. Would widening the (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

         Re: Aliens Style APC —Paul Brassington
     (...) Wolf, Yes I toyed with the idea of making it a few studs wider originally, but the scale of the vehicle looked out of place with the wheel diameter... and those are the only wheels in my collection (from 1980's technic set ;-) that would work. (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Harri Manni
     (...) Wow!!! Very nice! Really like the look and construction, good solution on the wheels. Just my initial reactions, now I have to look more and explore further details.. :) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Timothy Gould
     (...) Hi Paul, You keep sneaking these things past me by not cross-posting to a theme group. I really love this. I'm a real sucker for Alien and its sequels so anything from them arouses my interest and this is a most excellent build. I find the (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

         Re: Aliens Style APC —Ted Godwin
      (...) The movie showed the turret mounted an a pair of rails that curved over the back end of the vehicle. The guns pointed sideways and the whole turret then traveled backwards and then down the back until it was tucked in behind so they could (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

         Re: Aliens Style APC —Paul Brassington
     (...) Tim, I used the technic wheels from set 8842 from 1986. My dad bought me that set way back then and it was a favourite because it had steering that worked and a simplistic engine with moving piston when you pushed it along the floor. (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

         Re: Aliens Style APC —Magnus Lauglo
     Paul, Steering like this is easy enough if you have space under the vehicle. Check out the pix showing the underside of my Wild Boar APC, in this case I was even able to incorporate suspension, but this system wouldn't work with just the four wheels (...) (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Marco Tagliaferri
     Hello Paul, this is a true spotlight! I just had to login and answer. I like the details of the interior. And I love the playability. Great work. I wonder how you did that sliding door. It looks fantastic in the animation. And what about the wheels, (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

         Re: Aliens Style APC —Paul Brassington
     (...) Thanks Marco! The steering front and back are not connected. Would be a great idea though and totally possible. There's enough room under the vehicle with a slightly modified floor. And plus my son likes driving the vehicle sideways with both (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Magnus Lauglo
   Paul, Ah, I was admiring this the other day - very nice work! How many troops does it fit on the inside? I know how hard it can be to balance functionality and scale, and I think you've done a great job. I like the slightly sloped roof and you've (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)

        Re: Aliens Style APC —Paul Brassington
   (...) Magnus, Thanks for the comments. You can squish 15 troops inside plus the driver and gunner in the seat shown. If you're really into the harsh reality of militaristic economics, you can get about 22, maybe 23 tops in there ;-) Cheers! ~ Paul. (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.build.military, FTX)