 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3643
  The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

Five new illustrated stories have been added to the (URL) King Saul> section of the (URL) The Brick Testament> website, and I'm pleased to report that in this third set of stories we finally get to actually meet the namesake of this section of the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Nov-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.ancient, FTX) !!

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

Hey Brendan, Guess I'd better get right on this installment. :) Israelites demand taxation without representation - Nice face choices for Joel and Abijah - they look related but not identical. My favorite pic in this story is Abijah accepting the (...) (17 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

(...) Neat table in the last panel. It took me a minute to realize that it wasn't actually attached to anything. (...) Samuel on the barrel is pretty funny. (...) The Ammonites' black and red look is pretty sharp. I like the idea of messengers (...) (17 years ago, 16-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

Hi. I can't come up with so much specific points to comment on except what has already been mentioned by others. I would just like to say that the stories seem to be up to your usual high standard and that I'm following the new stories with (...) (17 years ago, 18-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

(...) Thanks, Martin. (...) That's great. I kind of do consider these King Saul and King David stories to be "the good stuff" in that they are exciting stories, full of intrigue and surprises. I've been looking forward to illustrating this stuff for (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

(...) Interesting... that sounds like a total suicide strategy to me. I mean, that would have taken hours or days, the soldiers having their hands occupied by shovels instead of weapons all the while being bombarded by enemy fire in the complete (...) (17 years ago, 19-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

(...) Ooh, now it's a challenge! In (URL) scene> I'm pretty sure you're using these two torsos in the unfocused ranks: (2 URLs) (...) That's what I'm looking forward to (i.e. poetry and prophecy). Some of my favorite parts have been when you've (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)

  Re: The Brick Testament - All Hail King Saul!

(...) Demonstrating your eagle eye once again, Bruce. Yes, those are the two back-up torsos I was using for the Ammonites. :) (...) I do enjoy the challenge of coming up with ways to illustrate the non-narrative, but I think I will be focusing on (...) (17 years ago, 20-Nov-06, to lugnet.build.ancient, FTX)