 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 3221
  first train MOCS ever.

So the Vancouver Lego Club built a western themed layout for our shows this last year and I decided to build my first locomotive for them. What loco is more western themed than a 4-4-0? We wanted 8 wide for that authentic scale feel to it and this (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: My first train MOC's ever

(...) I love the radar dishes on the first one and the black wheels on top of the second one. Space parts as part of Old West trains is just classic. I like the trains as a whole too. I've always wanted my LUG to have a Wild West portion on one of (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

In lugnet.announce.moc, Nathan Proudlove wrote: <snip> (...) Welcome to Trains, welcome to 8wide, Nathan! You have some very nice entry MOCs here, and have quickly ascertained the dilemma facing train builders-- form to follow function, or function (...) (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) I will echo John's sentiments... except for the eight-wide bit. It is an evil scale and far too large ;) Go to six or seven and feel the love. Tim PS. I especially liked the Shay but they're both really good first trains. (18 years ago, 4-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) I have heard the 8 wide vs. 6 and 7 wide debate before. Truth be told, I will probably go with 6 wide for shows from now on. 8 wide trains are he-he-heavy and brutal on motors when run for long periods of time. I do prefer the actual look of (...) (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: first train MOCS ever.

(...) :-) (...) :-( (...) :-) JOHN (18 years ago, 5-Feb-06, to lugnet.trains, FTX)